Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

I learned about iGoogle at a workshop and have used it as my homepage. It's a great tool which allows a quick check of the news headlines, weather, and easy access to other things that I added such as a dictionary, email, and best sellers. I looked at the other start page options and they are similar. I have gmail so it made sense to stay with iGoogle. For the same reason, I plan to use the Google calendar. It could be useful to share with other staff. I tried the countdown widget but I have not been able to get it to start the countdown. Will be checking with a friend. It would be just a fun tool. I signed up for "Remember the Milk" list tool. I'm not sure how much I will use it. I also looked at the other tools that were suggested. Right now it feels a little overwhelming. Each one has potential.

No comments: