Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 23: Final thoughts

Although I was excited to begin the 23 things, the first half-dozen things were slow-going for me, for various reasons: I'm not very "techie", am an older learner, and have added job responsibilities at this time. However, I'm pretty motivated, love to learn new things, and have a need to see things through to completion. What was unexpected was that I experienced a breakthrough and the tasks became easier. I would like to share a couple "things" each month at our staff meetings. That would motivate me to keep working with the tools and it would provide an opportunity for other staff to share their ideas about using the "things" in the library setting. The structure of this learning opportunity was very helpful to me. The explanations given and the resources provided were all thoughtfully done. It was a very practical experience and also an empowering one. We are fortunate indeed to have people who have the knowledge, the skills and the interest to provide this kind of learning experience.

Signing off and Moving Forward... to the next 23 things.

No comments: