Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing 17: Elm Productivity Tools

The Elm resources are very worthwhile tools for use in my reference work. I have been familiar with the searches and refining the searches. Students benefit when we take the time to show them how to refine the search so that they don't waste time or get frustrated with too many results that may not always be helpful. I have not taken time until now to explore all the options of these tools. Aside from trying to set up the RSS feed for Gale (I did not succeed), this was time well spent. I appreciated learning about the options of searching the contents of ebooks and creating notes. This would be beneficial in doing either professional or personal research. It was good, too, to learn about the "My Research" tab in ProQuest. As staff, we can assist one another with the easy tools for sharing our research.

No comments: